Thursday 14 January 2016

Title sequences and concept visuals

So my ideas for my final project have taken a big turn...
During an online course that I've taken over the Christmas holidays I've been inspired by the visual below, taken from Lisa Liang course on Digital Tutors...

I've also become very interested in VFX and animated title sequences.
So my starting point of the next round of research is to create a 'feature film' quality concept environment and bring it to life in an animated title sequence....drawing on inspiration from Game of Thrones, The Jinx and Making a Murderer. Links below to the title sequences....

I can use my ideas from the intial storyboard - a woman trapped in a camera film negative, fights to become 3D, as a starting point.

I intend for my final project to not only be a good artistic piece in it's own right, but also as a vehicle to showcase animation, modelling, rigging, compositing and VFX methods and abilities...



Lisa Liang Visual


My initial 20 second concepts in Photoshop



Game of Thrones title sequence


The Jinx title sequence


Making a Murderer title sequence


No comments:

Post a Comment