Wednesday 27 January 2016

'THAW' - final film ideas presentation

So following the reflective practice class last Thursday I've developed all of the ideas that I have and to date and have arrived at this idea for my final project. I'm very pleased as I wish to make a short film that has a simple storyline, examines an element of the human condition and also is a vehicle for a lot of 3D CGI.

Researching transformation themes, I have been inspired by the Brazilian artist, Nele Azevedo http://neleazevedo.com.br/, and her ice sculpture installation work 

MONUMENTO MÍNIMO | MINIMUM MONUMENT.


My film idea. 'THAW'

The story. Ice sculptures are melting. A child watches and is captivated. Remembrance of grandparents, family members, those who have gone before us. Two of the figures...a couple...slowly lean in and dissolve together. What is left is their memory...a water pool on the 
pavement.  Slowly the water brings life to a flower, which can grow from a crack in the stone. The circle of life. A theme of letting go.

For the actual method within the production I aim to explore a combination of live action, backplates, Maya, Mudbox, Realflow and compositing.

'THAW'

Inspiration

Ice in Maya

Maya Textures 

Specular sunlight and back-lit ice. Ice and textures in Maya and Realflow

Concept Storyboard


1 comment: