Thursday 3 March 2016

The Monuments Men - Critical Review

The Monuments Men - Critical Review...

So this week we watched 'The Monuments Men'.
Official Trailer



From the perspective of critical review, I think the trailer gives a good indication of the 'weight' of the storyline and drama the film.
The script and storyline were good, and there was a very humane emphasis, on how the character's interacted and a compassionate portrayal of their war experience.

However, I would argue that the music, which is in the clip below, was very upbeat and, to me, slightly cliched. I commented during the film that I thought the storyline was 'fluffy'. On reflection, I don't think the storyline, or acting, or characters were fluffy. I hadn't realised quite how much I was influenced by the music score...
I think watching this film with the music turned off, would showcase the script and the acting to better effect...

                                  


No comments:

Post a Comment