Sunday 27 March 2016

Ongoing reflective practice, interviews and external examiner feedback

I had some great feedback during my one to one with our external examiner Han Ter Pak and Brendan Body this week.
I can see that it can all feed into and form part of my ongoing reflective practice.

Brendan said he'd been thinking of an idea to incorporate into my final film...... a seed that drops from the flower, that the child offers to the ice people....and that seed, in turn, grows into the flower as seen in the final frames of the film....

As part of our ongoing reflective practice, I've also been reviewing and making a transcript of the interview I held, with Steve Sweeney of Barnardo's Rollercoaster Service in Dundee. They help children deal with bereavement.

This week we are to present our final conference ideas in the lecture theatre; and our conference presentation includes all of our findings and objectives to date. It's been interesting to review my interview notes and to see that the valid points that came from that, can tie in with Brendan's idea and my ongoing ideas...
I am going to do some 3D CGI tests, as part of my practical research methodology, and will experiment with CGI sunlight shining through back lit ice.
I am particularly drawn to the idea of the ice people having a sunlit spot in their forehead and heart, as visual metaphor to represent 'spirit' and an ongoing connection between the bereaved and those that have passed on.
This visual idea will also incorporate the 'four tasks' involved in 'mourning', as noted below in my slide, that Steve Sweeney mentioned during the interview....


No comments:

Post a Comment