Friday 25 March 2016

Maya, me and the Power Loader!

I expected that changing from using AutoCAD to Maya would be similar to say, driving an automatic car for years and swapping to a manual gearbox...

No.

Welcome to Formula One racing!
And today.....I found that I was actually 'driving' (animating) without thinking about which labyrinth of menus I was in, which interface I should have selected, which drop down menu I happened to find myself in, which attribute channel; lambert; node and hypershade vortex I needed to be in, what layer activation should be on, which general editor tab I needed to be in and which audio import command I should be using....
I must have done some of it automatically and Maya wasn't the threatening, mysterious myriad of complexity that it usually is...

I feel like Sigourney Weaver's character 'Ripley' in Alien, when she climbs into the Power Loader and says to the Alien "Get away from her you b****"!"
Ha! Oh Maya!!





No comments:

Post a Comment