Monday 5 October 2015

Week 4: Maya 3D polygon modelling software

My first experience of using Maya...http://www.autodesk.co.uk/products/maya/overview

Comprehensive 3D Animation and Modelling software

Having used AutoCAD for 16 years and some experience in Sketch UP, there were similarities, but it was advised that I 'unlearn' all that I know.
Our task was to create a simple room, bed, wardrobe, desk and chair. Once I realised that I could use the elevation and plan viewports to position the objects, rather than grappling with what looked ok in the 3D port, my objects ended up in the correct location....rather than floating around in space.
Steep learning curve!


4 viewports. Front elevation, side elevation, plan and 3D

Using edge loops, curves and cut outs to faces


Using curved splines and extrusions to create the chair legs



The basic room, without surface colour or texture


No comments:

Post a Comment