Tuesday 20 October 2015

Final film research: Dark Rooms !

Research for final film....
I've had some vague ideas about 2D & 3D transformations but no underlying structure or theme....
so I have been letting the ideas soak...

I was chatting with my husband last night and we started talking about dark rooms. I had a call scheduled  with my very good animator friend Karen Watson http://explore.bfi.org.uk/4ce2ba84caa82; to brainstorm and give shape to some of these ideas I've been having....the two conversations ignited an idea and the story idea arrived ! 

Today I've been researching Dark Rooms and the photographic dark room printing process....

And I've found these images on line...the top one is from a photography student's blog....http://arlettaelizabeth.blogspot.co.uk/2014_11_01_archive.html
I love this image; the colours, the loose neon style of text and the whole general feel of the image.
The striking simplicity of the colours in a dark room, plus the process and the subsequent analogies and metaphors will be perfect to tell the story...





No comments:

Post a Comment