Saturday 17 October 2015

First attempt at a walk cycle

I've been reading 'The Animator's Survival Kit' - Richard Williams
and thought I would try out some sketch ideas for a walking man...
I drew the images on detail paper, using a base line for the character to make contact with...the contact drawing seems to be very important...
I then took a quick photo of the sketches on my phone and imported into my old version of Photoshop CS2, and tried out a rough walk cycle; using simple block colours, lighter and darker tones to differentiate the left and right arms and legs....
Each frame was set to .5 second, the timing is a bit slow and I think I might need to add some in-betweens, to make the walking smoother...

Really pleased with this first attempt though, and like the simplicity of the character...




1 comment: