Saturday 3 September 2016

VFX in London and Animatic Frame grabs for THAW

After a very exciting trip to London to visit Double Negative, Framestore, Jellyfish, MPC and my personal favourite ILM - culminating in the Masters Show screening, including our Going Live project 'Toy Scandal' at the DCA, I am now back and putting together the middle section shots for my animatic for THAW.
As the visual style of the film is highly photographic incorporating vivid technicolour, live action and CGI, I've moved on from hand drawn storyboards to create quick concept art work, using images on line, Getty Images, clip art and photoshop from the following sources:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5l4MghKGEA&list=PLR6NkeqscAx1r2b3gn0xPJqqfAe7tIEYy&index=2

I can then use these images and compositions for the purposes of inspiration for the live action footage, when it comes to shooting my own original work later on in the process...

Here's a few exported frames to indicate colourscript, tone, lighting and how CGI will combine.
Next step is to finish off the frames for Act II and to include camera moves, directions and notation to show to Phillip Vaughan....



No comments:

Post a Comment