Wednesday 28 September 2016

References for highly dramatic film sequences: Quicksilver's kitchen scene. X-Men The Days of Future Past

So for my final year animation I want to create a stunning sequence of transformation; and to explore over the next few days what shot set ups, sequences and effects I can incorporate to push the transformation to maximum effect.

My opening sequence shows a static woman, emotionally frozen in grief.
I discussed with Phil my idea of having the camera revolve around her 360 degrees, whilst she remains static. I have a time-lapse sequence in the background so I need to get some facts about how this can be achieved; either via live action or digitally.

For her later transformation and emotional 'Thaw' I like the idea of intense movement both slow mo and real time.
Quicksilver's kitchen scene in X-Men Days Of the Future Past came to mind as a great sequence that incorporates these elements.

Of course, this is a high end feature film technique, but with imagination and the expert tuition and experience available at DJCAD, I might be able to instill the key ideas of this into my film.


The making of Quicksilver's Kitchen Scene

No comments:

Post a Comment