Friday 11 November 2016

Reflective practice; examining unconscious themes in design development

Whilst eating a cake in the Grad Centre today, I noticed my research poster on the wall....I was struck by the orange guy on the bottom left of the poster...

I had literally done a material finishes test on my ice man model, about 30 mins before in the 3D lab, using the 'orange reflective' finish to see how it would look...

Interesting to see how many creative ideas from my first film concept (a character trapped in a camera negative, escaping to the light) have translated and adapted into Thaw.
The emotional theme is the same; and fascinating to see how many visual references are similar, and that I have unconcsiously carried through...

I think the Research Poster embedded some deep ideas and challenged me to be deliberate in my creative choices

Orange Reflective finish test in Zbrush
Final film, original concept idea...

No comments:

Post a Comment