Thursday 12 May 2016

Establishing shot - lighting and scene setting

Presentation to Axis Animation in Glasgow, this coming Monday.
Great fun creating the establishing shot today and yesterday....putting all of the furniture, and set dressing into the scene and then creating the lighting...

On reflection, I think we should have created this scene first, and then all of the subsequent scenes thereafter..., so that we had lots of dressing in the shot....
Li and I put furniture, lamps and shelves into this scene, but I decided that the following shots, particularly shot_04 would look very bare, and the jump from a cluttered scene would be too much...
So this is the paired down version, which I think works well. I used the 'bare' wall (left hand side of the frame) as an opportunity to create some strong sunlight. I particularly like how the lights shines through the window of the dollshouse. This area also lends itself well for the DJCAD logo, at the start of the film.

Two more shots to import into Premiere tomorrow and then I think we are there!

What a great project to work on! 

Whilst lighting, I kept in mind, the concept visual below, that I created early on in the pipeline....I can see that it would have been useful to put a lot more content into the visual below. Experience to take forward onto the next film....

No comments:

Post a Comment